Pages

Monday 4 February 2013

For writers, a fiction is never really a fiction

Finally, after all these years having dream about writing a fiction novel, I finished one! Hurray for me!!

Who knows writing a fiction novel is a real life experience. There are lots of emotional and real feelings, caught up in good and also bad memories and hopes.

As everyone else in this whole world, I have my best and worse times of my life. Everything seems coming back to me while I was writing this novel. Funny huh? You intended to write fiction, nonetheless it reminds you all the things you have been through in your life.

From this experience, I found out how writing a novel, or a book, need persistence, hard work and of course a clear mind. Because if you have a lot of things going in your mind, it will be twice harder to write.

But, don't image clear mind means "clear environment" or expectation of a perfect environment for you to write. I have two children who clearly doesn't understand what it means, so whenever they want to play or doing homework with their mom, they just want it now.

Usually when I want to start writing, first I have to struggle to calm and be my children for 2-3 hours, and leave them when they feeling comfortable enough. But, then they will come again only just 5 minuets later! So, don't tell me being a house wife means you will have plenty of spare time to write. Instead, we have to deal with domestic matters and children almost 24 hours a day!

To challenge my self to write this novel, I decided to participate in a competition made by one of a major publisher in Indonesia. Honestly, I don't expect much from it. The most important of all is I finished the book, I fulfilled the challenged.

Last but not least, writing a book fiction or non fiction, is addicted. No wonder, famous and experienced book writer are very productive. I am now thinking my next project in writing a book. Any suggestion, or maybe someone after reading this post is also interested in writing a book? Come on, challenge your self and see how much it could enriched your mind and soul.

Good night.

PS: Another ye ay for me for writing this post in English :)

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Terimakasih yaa ^_^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...